Wednesday, January 14

Who's a Dragon????

The children have been busy building a castle from the couch cushions and pillows. They've been playing very nicely together in there and Jessie kept coming to ask me to play with them. There'd been talk of a dragon and knights and such. I didn't really want to play, but thought, I'll be a Good AP Mom and I'll play with my kids. What harm could there be in that?!

Ahem.

I watched them playing together, Jack was "sleeping" and Jessie was waking him up very gently. I crouched down and approached the castle as might a Big Red Dragon!! I ROARED and leaped upon the couch cushions, knocking down walls and flailing around my mighty tail!!!

Roarrrr!!!
Roooaaarrrrr!!!!
RRROOOOOOAAAAARRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Jessie SCREAMED!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
and Jack, in blind terror, peed his pants.

Oops.

I took him to the bathroom where he explained it all to me.

"Boonan (Brecon) is the Dragon..... You...

(here he points accusingly)...MOMMY!!!!"




Oh! I see!!!! Sorry!!!


7 comments:

Risa said...

LOL! I always like to get clarification first: "Am I a mean dragon (or in this house, dino), or a friendly one?" :-)

Anonymous said...

Snort. Ah well, it's the thought that counts! :)

Gorgeous. said...

Risa...!! Good point!!! I should have clarified!!! LOL!!

Gorgeous. said...

Alicia! Oh good!!! I still get to claim it as an AP moment?!!!? Sort of?!!? :D

April said...

Oh gosh sorry about the pee, but it is funny.

Whose your mommy!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! but not PIMP. :D

We've been playing a lot of dragon around here for the last 6 months. It's nice to play "sleeping dragon" when I'm tired, though the sleeping dragon tends to want to eat humans... or has to protect its baby from the knight. The princess tends to want to care for the baby, even tho it's mama is right there...

And, of course, I'm always a gorgeous purple dragon. :)

Gorgeous. said...

OH yes, Barb!!! Please don't PiYp !! :D

Good idea to play sleeping dragon...but totally NOT like me! I'm always way louder and scarier than I ought to be! : D