Friday, November 21

My rotten kid.....

I've just sat down and decided I would teach Jessie how to do division. I thought the first part would be to understand the question. What does
_____
3)12
mean?

I wrote out a bunch of questions and had her simply write the question in another form so that I knew she knew what it meant.

That went well, and I was proud.

We then moved on to some simple questions... 10 divided by 2, 8 divided by 2, 9 divided by 3 etc. I showed her how to use her multiplication tables so she had absolutely no stress whatsoever.

It went well, and I was proud.

Finally she said "Can I write some questions for you???" "Sure!!" I said. ...
this is what she asked me.... 1878 divided by 27 and 1979 divided by 69. !!! GAH!! I'm no math whiz...! I'm barely cheese whiz. I sat and tried to work it out. I tried it twice. I tried all different approaches, my brain seized up and I began to panic. I could not get my answer to gel with the calculator....

It did not go well, I was not proud. In fact I said "I HATE this, I'm NOT doing it!!!" tore the paper up and threw it in the trash.


...

woo. Bring back memories of Math Class much???

3 comments:

Niecey said...

I can not remember how to do long division for the life of me.Something to do with MDSB I think - mummy daddy sister brother
what was it, multiply, divide subtract, bring over or something weird. Nope I can't remember, can't do it. Calculators work fine for me thanks very much.

Gorgeous. said...

Mummy Daddy Sister Brother?!? yikes.. I'm more confused than I was before!! LOL!! :D

Anonymous said...

I Was just seeing how smart you wer