Tuesday, January 29

Banana Bread, Baby! :D

So.... another uggh sort of day!  Bleary and grey, a non perfect night's sleep and I did NOT feel much like getting Up and At'em this morning!  I DID get up and I suppose I was SORT of "at 'em" but what does it tell you that I finally had my breakfast at noon??  Yah.  That sort of a day!  I fought along for a while, the kiddies both did Math and I helped them both with it whilst juggling a tired and squirmy baby who would frequently yell in my ear and I bounced her and helped with math...  I did a load of laundry, cleaned the toilets, emptied the dishwasher yeah yeah yeah but didn't get the mission done today.... I'm hoping that my mojo will return with the sun and I'll get the whole week's worth of missions done on one day!  THAT'S my new plan!!!

I'm still working on going through the pantry to eat....  today I made Quinoa for breakfast  lunch, Jack ate pumpkin oatmeal left over from yesterday for his breakfast. The Quinoa was delicious!  I grated some sharp cheese on it .... Yumm!  For dinner I made bean and vegetable soup using a bag of dried beans, I also made some Easy Peasy Breadsticks... LOVE those things!!  For a post lunch, pre dinner snack I made Vegan Banana Bread... I was surprised how delicious it was!!  I didn't have the oil it called for so I used coconut oil and I used less sugar than suggested but it was fantastic and I'm sure as heck making that again!!  I am constantly amusing myself at my "there's nothing to eat in the house" thinking!!  There's TONS of food!!  For instance, if the family would put up with beans beans and more beans we could eat for weeks!! :D




Oh......  You want the recipe!?!? ...... OK!!  The recipe came from this blog and it's really simple. 

You need...
4 very ripe bananas
1/3 cup Earth Balance ( I used coconut oil)
1/4 cup applesauce ( I DID use applesauce!!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sugar ( I used 2/3 and actually that was a little too sweet for me) 
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour ( I just used up any flour I had.....)
1 teaspoon baking soda. 

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 
Mash bananas in a large bowl.  Add melted Earth Balance (oil) and mix.  Add everything else but the flour and baking soda, mix to combine.  Add flour and baking soda and stir until just mixed.  Pour into a greased loaf pan.  Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, cover with foil and bake another 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Let cool a few minutes in pan and transfer to a wire rack or plate ( or to a cutting board where it will be sliced whilst warm and the entire thing devoured before it even has chance to cool.... it's your call...!!)  

No comments: