Wednesday, March 3

Yoga, bread making, nature walks, some rainbows and more yoga!

So this morning we started our day with some Yoga. Jessie was very insistent that we all do some first thing this morning and I really appreciate her insistence actually. We did some Sun Salutations, Downward Facing Dogs and various other poses. It felt lovely to start the day in such a way. Next she and Jack got everything out to make Bread Sticks. We have a great recipe from an awesome online friend and it's really quick and easy. The kiddoes got all the stuff out and with only minimal assistance from me, made the dough. I showed them both how to knead it and roll it out









and we had Jack use a pizza cutter to cut his strips.



They both did a lovely job. Jack had made something of a lattice pattern with his bread so I simply advised him what was going to happen as they cooked and he thought maybe separating them would be a good idea. I was happy to let it be either way ( it's only flour, folks! ) so that he would see the results, but he chose to make them the old fashioned way! ;D It was so lovely watching them both work so very carefully and Jack was doing his absolute best to follow my instructions! Bless 'em!











Whilst we were waiting for the bread to bake Jessie went a little rainbow crazy ...












Finally the bread was ready!

Safety first...!!







After our bread making and bread breaking we decided to go out for a Nature Walk! We thought it would be fun to try and incorporate all 5 of our senses on our walk and so we "tasted" the fresh air by sucking as much as possible into our lungs! We touched ice,



we listened to the birds, we smelled the earth and the wet ground and of course we looked around us for signs of warmer weather including noticing the geese flying high above on their way to the lakes! We also found a couple of new senses including balance



fun,



adventure and humor!




All good ones!! ;D


After dinner Jessie wanted another Yoga session so we tried several new poses and limbered ourselves up before bed. It must have done the trick as Jessie was fast asleep before I even got Jack into bed. He didn't take long either ... this meditation and relaxation business works like a charm! ;D


















We did a bunch of other little things today too including cutting out the fabric for one of those "Sweetie Birds" from the website I shared yesterday.







It's going to be so pretty I really excited to sew it together! For now though, I'm worn out. I can't wait to go to my cozy bed!! G'night all! ; D

5 comments:

Risa said...

Are you doing yoga of the wii, or have you found a DVD or book you like? If so, please share! :-)

Gorgeous. said...

I've been doing Wii Yoga but the kids wanted to do some impromptu stuff so I looked online for Kid's Yoga. I just found one or two kid poses to do with them tonight. I'm going to make a better plan though so that they get a good workout! I'll use some of the online stuff and the rest will be Wii poses etc. I LOVE the Wii Yoga! ;D

Gorgeous. said...

I've been doing Wii Yoga but the kids wanted to do some impromptu stuff so I looked online for Kid's Yoga. I just found one or two kid poses to do with them tonight. I'm going to make a better plan though so that they get a good workout! I'll use some of the online stuff and the rest will be Wii poses etc. I LOVE the Wii Yoga! ;D

Anita Kaiser said...

kids yoga works wonders doesn't it! Our girl already knows that when the day isn't going the way you hoped - heading over to do some yoga always helps refocus! It's an awesome resource to be sharing!

Risa said...

Thanks Tiffany. We soooo gotta get a wii!