Saturday, January 10

Saturday Night's gonna be alright.....

But what about the rest of the day? That's what I want to know!! ; D Well it snew last night !!! Not enough to be a real nuisance, but enough to bring the children joy and to totally sink the puppy when she jumped into the ditch to go poop this morning !! ( Evil titter! ) The kids have already been out to play in it with the dogs. We had the usual twenty minutes of getting on of boots, snow pants, gloves, hats etc but to give them credit they did stay out and play for a goodly while! ;D LOL!! I love that word, Goodly!!! ...

Rexy is out in Kansas at a sports show with his buddy Bruce .... ALL DAY LONG mind you.... AND it's a Saturday. I'd better be getting some Brownie points for not bitching about it!!! LOL!!! Eh, you know I owe him big for watching SIX kids last week when Alicia and I were gadding about!! Well I'm calling it even now anyway!! ;D

I'm not sure what I'll be doing with the kiddoes today really only that I will be spending TIME with them. I've been pretty lax lately at Parenting, preferring the BUGGER OFF method rather than the Close and Attentive method!! *guilty look* I was talking to Hubby about it this morning and realised that I have a friend who has a bunch of children who are all pretty well behaved, fairly calm, mostly quiet, and she is usually to be found carrying at least one of them about. She opens their cheese slices, unzips bananas and all that stuff and her kids really do seem to be calmer and closer ( than mine! ) I thought I'd call her and ask her advice on how to be a better parent to my children, but I KNEW what she would say. She would tell me I needed to spend time WITH them. I need to cuddle them more, scold them less. I need to be smiling and happy rather than scowly and mean.

The other night Jessie and Jack were yelling at each other on the stairs. He was at the top YELLING at her, she was YELLING at him. Yelling REALLY pushes my buttons and I was PISSED OFF at them. All I wanted was for them to get themselves ready for bed and I'd come and tuck them in ( see how I wanted them to just GO and DO IT THEMSELVES....I'm such a lax parent. ) .... Anyway, I stomped up the stairs towards the bedlam and Jessie started yelling "It's HIS fault!! It was HIM!!!" and he started yelling back "SHE did it!!! SHE did it.....!!!" Amazingly I caught the moment and I said "I love you Jack. Would you like a hug?" LOL!!! Oh I wish I could show your their faces!!! Jessie's jaw LITERALLY fell open and Jack was just stunned!!! He stood there for a moment and then said "..... yeesss....." He came to me, we had a hug, then I got up and took them both into the bathroom and helped them get ready for bed!! A~Mazing!!!

Parenting. I really ought to try it more often! ;D

No comments: