Thursday, October 23

Snoring dogs....and grateful wives.

I'm sitting here at my computer. It's one in the afternoon. Outside it's raining and grey, 43 degrees. Brrrr. Inside it's warm and cozy. I can hear the fish tank bubbling away, in the other room the sounds of Jack playing with his wooden train set. Across the room from me I can hear the contended snoring of Brecon, my beloved Lab. The puppy is curled up on her pillow at my feet and as I watch her, her eyes droop closed and she heaves a sigh. I am so peaceful right now. I thought this morning how lucky I am to not have to go to work everyday. I do complain, a lot, about being at home and the monotony of my "work".....laundry, cooking, cleaning, schooling, laundry, cooking, cleaning, schooling... etc... but watching my dear hubby heading out the door in the dark, cold and rain, never complaining, I realised how very lucky I am. It was nearly 10 am before I got dressed this morning. I have no reason to leave the house and can spend the entire day dry and warm if I chose to.
I am so very, very grateful.

No comments: